Super-foods & Organic Moisturizers
You are already aware that organic moisturizers are great for your skin! Did you know you can also eat your way to a better complexion?
As with the oils we use in our organic moisturizers, certain foods in particular are packed full of nutrients that are great for your skin. Incorporate some of our favorites into your diet and nourish your skin from the inside-out. Our shortlist includes:
- Sweet potatoes, kiwis, spinach and strawberries. Anti-aging aids, each are loaded with Vitamin C which is essential to collagen production. As this improves the skin’s natural strength and elasticity, we have included collagen-boosting properties in all of our organic moisturizers.
- High in an antioxidant called selenium, tomatoes help protect your skin from the sun and are a great boost for your immune system.
- Carrots contain high doses of Vitamin C, antioxidants and beta-carotene, which your body converts into Vitamin A. They also protect your skin from damaging free radicals and bring out your natural glow (tip: try juicing).
- Avocados are packed with, well, everything! For instance, they contain Vitamin C, Vitamin E and omega-9 fatty acids which help regenerate damaged skin cells and reduce redness and irritation. They’re also a tasty weapon in the fight against wrinkles.
- Walnuts contain omega-3 fatty acids and are packed with B-Vitamins. They nourish your skin from within and stave off dryness.
- Sunflower seeds. Rich in Vitamin E, these small seeds help your body fight off inflammation and acne.
- Green Tea. This steeping-hot brew of antioxidants boosts blood flow and oxygen to your skin. It also contains inflammation-fighting antioxidants which help reduce redness.
- And there’s even good skin news for chocolate lovers: cacoa flavanols contain powerful antioxidants that promote better skin texture and protect against sun damage. But note, your skin prefers chocolate that has a high flavanol content so it should be at least 60% cacao.